INSPIRATION : How to Find Inspiration For Writing

Hello,

Okay, today I'm gonna talk about Inspiration.
Why? Because this one is the source of my mood for writing.
I love to write. like some fictions, poem, or anything. I still write my own diary.
Actually I prefer write in books with pen or pencil, so manual.
But in digital world we need to type it, so this is me, struggling to re-write all my writings in my laptop.

I always love to write, I don't vividly remember when I start to love this hobby. I only remember the first time I write something, like a fiction, a fable, are when I'm in 6th Grade or like 11 years old. I let few of my friends read it. and I'm like, well I love the feeling.

Now the Inspiration. It can be found in anything, anywhere, anytime. Well the last thing isn't really convincing but we didn't know when we actually meet the Inspiration. The basic obstacle was I'm Not in the Mood. Sometimes the inspiration didn't seems good enough or it meets dead end. Sometimes it not hype me up.

When I'm more younger (l.o.l) or the early years of my writing life, the inspiration just came like a rain and no single day I spend without got new inspiration and it really too much to the point it became annoying, so my main aim was to release many imagination or whatever it called as many as I can. I want my mind clear because before I write it down I like being tied with guilty feeling. And there where I starting to spend my allowance, which is so little because my mom think student don't need money, to buy books for writing more than anything. I can't even have snacks in school. My friends on the other hands, seems to really like my fictions and didn't mind to buy me some both books and snacks. Lucky me.

As happy as I can be, the weak reason of me writing are when I start writing a fiction, I can't tell how I end it, so, many of my stories didn't have ending only hung in the middle. I mean I just write, write and write. Clear my mind, release messy head and not so happy. Another side effect is I easy to forgot what I wrote, just remember the main points and forgot a lot of things. Most of times I forgot to continue the story and instead I start new story. I abandon a lot of stories.

Few years ago I start to write something seriously, I left my old teenager full of romance stories and develop more. Like all amateurs (silent) writers over the world, I didn't have the courage to publish my script to the world. But it didn't make me stop to write and being hard critic to myself. Now I found myself enjoy to write fantasy adventure theme more than romance, My favorite books are Harry Potter series by the way.

The problem when I trying to make more complex stories is I more often stuck because of inspiration crisis, the story too serious so I tried to add some comedy and it turn to comedy theme. Good inspiration is rarely coming nowadays. Nonetheless, I love every single inspiration that mind to come. I love how I can actually see my own self development through my writings, How I smile at every typo, how I looked so struggle to express in right words. And the important thing is how I can see and witness how I'm maturing in life also in writing.

About the inspiration, the older I'm the less stupid I'm. When the inspiration as if never come, I now how to find it. So I'll make a list how to find inspiration for writing that actually work for me.
  1. Listen to A Song
I'm trying to listen a song, better listening to songs that you don't have any idea what the languages are, enjoy the music and make your own lyrics or write your feelings. This one always become my way to found quick inspirations.


2. Walk to your Neighbourhood
    I'm a proud "on foot" girl or whatever the right term for it.. 😄😄😄.
  Less than an hour walking through neighbourhood surely clear your mind and give something to think about or even to over thinking. Take along with your pet or in my case, I don't have any pet, so I invite my little cousin or little nephew to walk around. The fresh air and even the wild yard can be interesting to watch.
   My suggestion is to type anything that came to mind in your walking session on phone. Develop your idea when you back home. 


        3. A Night Sky
A Night Sky especially a starry night always being one of the most magical thing that happen in this world. So high yet so deep. How can people watch it without drowned by its spell?
I most enjoy to write at night cause the inspiration just flow and fall in my mind like a shooting star.


      4. Be Detailed
My Emotional Quotient not too great, that's also means I'm not too caring nor really observe other's reaction. But I usually spend a lot time to look and analysis about plants, little animal or even tiny pattern in a drawing. They always make me curious and questioning anything. And it gives me many stories and possibilities.
I love planting, flowers and also rocks and roads. They are so fascinating. 
Searching many art pictures in Internet or books, look at them thoroughly and found another inspiration. 



        5. Another Point Of View
I always believe that life and everything revolve around it are had many sides, many angles, many point of views. So imagine how rude and ignorant we are if we ignore all of this and close our eyes tightly.
When something happen, we should look at many sides, listen to many witness, searching for many evidences. It'll give us the bigger view and help us to expand our writing.



        6. Read, Read and Read
For other people, Reading maybe a boring activity, but for me (and you) reading is more like entering new world. Like something so natural. Like breathing.
My old mistake is I stop reading other book when I writing, I think it maybe can interfere my writing. Actually it give me more variety and also inspirations.


         7. Party !!!
I can't believe the introvert person like me actually suggest it.
Well I don't hate party but I admit that I would like to skip it or I can't stand it for hours. My situation right now made me go to the party at least 2 parties in a month. Most of them are wedding party.
When I saw all the guests, I like, who they are? what their relation with the host? what they thinking about this party, like is the party really meaningful to them or just a quick stop, how the decorations and such.
Sometimes, celebration such as wedding or religious party and holiday can be so wonderful and magical. Like you can witness a various kind of Love, you'll know how limitless and indescribable love are. humans are Beautiful and Love is so Precious.


That's all how I find inspiration when I'm stuck. They all work for me so I hope also work for you.

Right now, I'm in the middle of writing one Fantasy adventure theme story. I start writing it in 2016, But the inspiration already pop in my mind back in my junior high time. Actually this is the first story ever that I'm really make some new things like collect the reference, searching for inspiration, make some comparison with another stories, going into characters development and so forth. I enjoy the process, re-read all over again and again, revisions. I hope one day I have the guts to publish it.


xoxo

Jade




Komentar